Hi, my name is Jenna!
I am a Licensed Health and Nutrition Counsellor, and I am passionate about helping folx nurture a much more positive and self-loving relationship with food, movement, and their body.
I have experienced first-hand the debilitating physical, mental, and emotional consequences of the relentless pursuit of the thin ideal, the diet-centric path to weight loss that promotes food obsession and eating disorders along with subsequent patterns of self-sabotage and cratering self-esteem. Preferring instead a weight-neutral approach which focuses outside the norm of the slimmer body as the main objective, I help people learn to respect and appreciate their bodies at any size while cultivating the beneficial habits and behavioural changes that will ultimately improve their holistic health.
There is power in embracing our imperfection, and self-acceptance is the first step to meaningful, lasting change!
Fun facts about me:
- I used to be an extremely picky eat (plain pasta was my jam), but over the years, I have slowly grown my taste buds, but I would still consider myself cautious when it comes to new foods
- I grew up dancing (tap dance is my favourite), and if there is ever an opportunity to dance, I'm in!
- I played soccer from the age of five until twenty.
- Horror movies are not my jam, but I love a good action or comedy
- I love music and writing songs
- I competed in the CanWest Games 2019 in the Individuals Scaled Division as my first Crossfit competition which was a great experience!
- Don't come between me and my oatmeal